Wednesday, November 14, 2007

THE BEAUTY OF THAI MARCASITE

Queen Sirikit of Thailand, who is very proud of her country's rich culture, is an advocate of the traditional arts and crafts of the Thai people. She has taken steps to preserve the craftsmanship and skills that have been handed down from generation to generation. These artisans imbue their designs with much passion, thought and skill. One of these traditional crafts is the making of marcasite jewellery. I have had the pleasure of meeting someone who not only shares her Queen's strong desire to keep alive as much of this artistic talent among the people, but also shares my great passion for nature, which you will witness in many of her designs. Her beautiful pieces will really tug at your heart-strings and would make wonderful gifts or serve as precious keepsakes in time to come. She has tried her very best to preserve the essence of the timeless traditional look of Thai marcasite pieces while injecting a slightly modern flavour. I have personally selected all these pieces myself, and I know that you will appreciate and admire their beauty and excellent and refined craftsmanship as much as I do. Enjoy!

No comments: