Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Prosperi-tree" 2011 (Custom Request)



The Year of the Rabbit is just around the corner, and its that time of the year again, for Reunion Dinners, and dressing up homes for the coming Spring Festival.

Beautiful flowers and "lucky plants" splashing colour and waiting to bring luck to your home are everywhere.
I have wired up my Kumquat Tree again, with 8 "kumquats", the number 8, signifying luck of course. Kumquats symbolize Prosperity, and hence, my "PROSPERI-Tree" :)))

I made a very small & limited number of these boxes a couple of years ago, and was so pleased that I had some buyers in the U.S. and Europe. Check out this link if you'd like the see the previous box I made and a little explanation on luck and kumquats.

Dimensions: 4-1/4" square, has no compartments within, which makes it very versatile as a presentation/keepsake box for a CNY gift or the traditional "red packet" for a dear family member or someone special.

Peridot, Czech Glass kumquats & leaves.

No comments: